Visual Arts

Visual Arts

Photography mood board

What I like about these photographs, also what I would like to include in my own photography

‘Modern’ photographs, I feel like the photographs speak to me, and just by looking at the photographs I feel like I understand the backstory and what is going on behind the picture. Black and white tones, I love the monochrome because it makes the photo feel like it has more meaning behind it and makes it feel more like life than just photographs. Mixed media, I am a fan of mixed media because it is less intimidating and you have more creative freedom. It also makes you sit there and look at the art and think about the story and what is going on. Surreal photography is good because it comes from dreams, emotions, and unconscious ideas, which is good because it taps into people’s minds and feels like you can relate to the photo. Unusual-looking photography an interesting art form that uses optical illusions to manipulate depth and scale, creating unusual visual compositions that capture the imagination of viewers. Emotional feels

Painting mood board

Artists I have used for inspiration

Vincent Van Gogh, Icarus, Paul Cezanne, Evelyn page, Artemisia Gentileschi, Tame Iti

What I like about these ideas and artworks, also what I would like to include in my own work

Romeo and Juliet and Shakespeare, Medieval/old times, Dark, Expressive paint marks,

Thumbnail sketches – Painting

Paul Cezanne portrait of Ambroise Vollard

Frank Dicksee Romeo and Juilet

Paul Cezanne pyramid of skulls

Methods and Ideas -Painting

2 thoughts on “Visual Arts

1. Hi Mya

I am the Secondary Specialist for Manaiakalani which your school is a part of. We’re a nationwide network of educators supporting Cybersmart and digital citizenship across the country.

I enjoyed reading your blog post. I agree with you, photography is amazing tool for telling stories and it can be so powerful especially in black and white. Fiona Pardingtonis one of New Zealand’s iconic photographers. Her work is striking and she does amazing still life work. Have you seen any of her photos?

Best of luck with your assessment. I’m sure you’ll do some fabulous work. It’s so encouraging to see such an inspiring start. Well done!

Whaea Kerry